- TZC via ZoomLocation
- 7:00 AM - 4:00 PMTime
Saturday, January 15, 2022, the Toronto Zen Centre will be hosting a two-day sitting. This is open to all members, whether or not they are students of Roshi.
In Japan, these types of short, extended sittings are called zazenkai and at some temples, they are referred to as mini sesshins. They are great way to dip your toes into advanced training in preparation for full-length sesshins, which someday we will have again.
|7:00 am||Zazen, Dokusan (for Roshi's students) and Private Instruction (for non-student members)|
|9:15||Zazen and teisho|
|Noon||Break for lunch|
|1:30 pm||Zazen, dokusan, and private instruction|
- We encourage you to maintain silence throughout the all-day to the extent you are able.
- While you may attend either the morning or afternoon portion, you are encouraged to attend the full day.
- If you are unable to attend the all-day, you may still come for the teisho portion.
- Please review the procedures for Dokusan or Private Instruction before attending.
- Try to plan your meals in advance. Eat in silence if possible and, if you can, recite the meal chants.
- There is no fee for the sitting.
How to Participate
- We will be sitting together virtually in Toronto
- Register for the Toronto Two-Day Sitting
- Note, in the form you need to specify which Dokusan or Private Instruction you will attend, if any. Closer to the event, if you have registered, you will receive an email with the link for Dokusan & Private Instruction. Feel free to contact Simon Breslev if you have not received the link.