Honoring Roshi Philip Kapleau
- TZC/VZC via ZoomLocation
- 7:00 AM - 4:00 PMTime
On Sunday, May 2, the Centre will join the Vermont Zen Center for a special, extended Memorial Sitting in honour of Roshi Kapleau, the founder of our lineage.
The Zoom sitting will start at 7:00 AM, earlier than our regular Sunday starting time. The sitting will begin with rounds of zazen, during which Roshi Henderson will offer dokusan to his students.
|7:00 am||Zazen, Dokusan (for Roshi's students) and Private Instruction (for non-student members)|
|9:15||Special chanting service|
|10:40||Zazen resumes with dokusan|
|Noon||Break for lunch|
|1:30 pm||Zazen, dokusan, and private instruction|
|2:30||Taped teisho from Roshi Kapleau|
- We encourage you to maintain silence throughout the all-day to the extent you are able.
- While you may attend either the morning or afternoon portion, you are encouraged to attend the full day.
- If you are unable to attend the all-day, you may still come for the teisho portion.
- Please review the procedures for Dokusan or Private Instruction before attending.
- Try to plan your meals in advance. Eat in silence if possible and, if you can, recite the meal chants.
- There is no fee for the sitting.